What’s Your Favorite Kitchen Smell?

Just frying up (without oil) a standard recipe starter of onions, peppers, and mushrooms, and got to thinking in my moment of revery, “What smell’s better than this?” Definitely a pleasant aroma!

So… what do you say? Hit me up with your favorite kitchen scent in the comment section. Mine may actually be something more like the smell of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. Shhh… ;) But, this was good.

TIP: Don’t know what to cook some night? Just start frying up those onions and something yummy’s bound to come of it!

8 Responses to “What’s Your Favorite Kitchen Smell?”

1. Mitcheal says:

My favorite kitchen smell is a freshly opened bottle of wine. I know its not a food, but that smell brings back all kinds of good time memories.

2. LaShae says:

My two favorite smells are a tie

1. dry toasting cumin seeds, paprika and cloves
    2. caramelizing onions

3. chris says:

Toss up between that first smell of the garlic frying up or maple syrup/liquid smoke combo from making tempeh bacon.

4. Lance says:

Definitely onions steam frying. But adding any combination of: garlic, ginger, peppers, and ‘shrooms is pure magic. By dad’s dog is just like him: attuned to this so that as I begin the initial saute, either will wake up out of their coma and inspect the kitchen!

So long as the dog doesn’t eat them: http://www.buzzle.com/articles.....-dogs.html

6. Linda says:

The smell of fresh coffee brewing in the coffee maker. I use organic beans I grind myself and only have one cup per day, but the cosy, lingering aroma prolongs the pleasure!

7. Justin says:

My favorite kitchen smell is the aroma of garlic fried rice with sesame oil especially in the morning. Add to that brewed coffee and I’m in heaven! Thanks for posting that question =)

8. Tamara says: