PCRM: Food for Life TV

I’m seriously close to (happy and appreciative) tears here!

I knew my recipe for Cherry Dessert Hummus was to be featured on an upcoming episode of Food for Life TV, the weekly show of the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine, but this was so much more than I expected!

I’m sure you’ll understand what’s got me all choked up. I’m a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.”

Loading Video…
February 19, 2009 (available in high resolution at link below)

They’re doing great work at PCRM. Be sure to check out their webcast schedule, archive of downloadable episodes, and support group forum in the diabetes section of their website.

9 Responses to “PCRM: Food for Life TV”

1. Wowieeeee, Erin my friend. This is absolutely wonderful!!! I was moved to tears myself – so very happy for you and moved that your message is getting out there! You do so much for the vegan movement and so much for good health within that movement. All your recipes in _Vegan Done Light_ are winners, but this one – it’s above and beyond! Congratulations!!! Hugs!!! River (aka Pat)

2. David Dame says:

I’m a very proud Dad!!

Erin was quick to accept my “crazy” vegetarian lifestyle change over 18 years ago and over the years he has made it even better with very worthwhile suggestions & recipes. I really miss our Sunday get-togethers and recipe sharing meals since I moved to North Carolina, but at least I get to read about what Erin is cooking in his wonderful blog. Good job Erin!!

Love, Dad

3. Hey, Erin – what happened to this page? No video now :(

4. And I see the video is now back, Erin. Dunno what happened to it yesterday, but that was kinda scarey LOL (Er, was it all a dream? Did the Grinch steal it? Whatever.)
    Renewed congratulations – I’m telling everyone who will listen and a few who might not ;)

River, not sure what would’ve caused that. I tested on both Firefox 3 and IE 7, and hadn’t changed anything prior to either of your messages. Things that make you go, “hmmm…”

I saw your Yahoo group emails and Facebook comments. Thank you.

Hi, Dad! Your first comment on my blog. :) I miss our potlucks a lot too.

6. Candi says:

:) I love the security word!

Hi Erin,

I’m new to your blog and I found it through Susan’s Fat Free Vegan blog. I loved your latest post and wanted to congratulate you on your recipe and site being mentioned and appreciated by PCRM! Very exciting! :) I’ve already subscribed to your newsletter and have been reading about your recipe books and projects such as “Wake Up to Spice.”

I have NO idea why I have not seen your work/blog before, but I am happy to have come across it!!

Welcome, Candi. Nice to meet you. And thank you for the kind words.

p.s. – The security word changes, but they’re all food-related, so you’ll have to stop by again and see what you get next time. ;)

8. Amera says:

This is terrific, Erin! I can see why you were at a loss for words. I enjoyed watching the PCRM video and the cherry dessert hummus looks yummy. I will have to add this to my list of recipes to try!

9. MichellePC says:

Hummus is a requirement on every grocery list I write, but I never even thought if it as a dessert. Your cherry dessert hummus sounds amazing; congrats on the publicity!