Vegans: A Reason To Watch The Apprentice

If you’re a reality show junkie like myself, you don’t really need one, just the guilty pleasure. For the rest of you (sane people), here’s a good reason to cheer on one of the contestants.

This season, The Apprentice features celebrity contestants. Obviously, they won’t be competing to land a job with The Donald. Instead, like celebrity poker before it, they’ll be playing for a charity of their choosing. And we’re not talking chump change here, this is “Trump change”—a quarter million dollars.

Marilu Henner is our champion in this one. She’s there to win it for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). Definitely a worthy cause!

Tune in Thursdays at 9 PM Eastern then come back each week and post your thoughts here.

8 Responses to “Vegans: A Reason To Watch The Apprentice”

FYI: In case you missed it or Thursdays don’t work for your schedule, it looks like they’ll be re-aired the following Saturday at 8 and 11 PM Eastern on CNBC.

There’s also the option to watch it on-line at NBC’s website.

3. Mike J says:

Gene Simmons is the man!

Even though his hair scares me. :-)

He is a riot, isn’t he?! Quite the cast of characters. Others I’ll be watching with interest are the raw foodist, Carol Alt; one of boxing’s greatest heavyweight champions, Lennox Lewis; and UFC legend, Tito Ortiz.

5. Mike J says:

Agreed. While I’m not a huge KISS fan, I have to admit there is something bizarrely fascinating about Gene Simmons.

Even though Stephen Baldwin has kinda gone right wing conservative ( at least in terms of religion ), he’s a blast as well. You gotta love anyone who starred in Bio-Dome with the “great” Pauly Shore.

Looking forward to tomorrow night… I’ve seen some snippets and I think Simmons talks major trash to Ivanka Trump. Yeah!

6. SchoolofRAWk says:

I love Marilu. Wish she was full vegan, but she’s pretty damned close. Her books I bought at the start of this journey! That is way cool. And…”reality tv show junkie”? Just hecklin — I don’t watch them b/c 1 show turns into a total obsession for me, lol! I think I told you about my “Ugly Betty” week/weekend. Ah, good times. :-P

7. Mike J says:

Gene is gone! He is soooo arrogant… almost painful to watch at times, but he sure makes things fun and interesting.

The British guy is absolutely nuts.

This show definitely falls under the category of “guilty pleasure”. :-)

MJ

I agree, Mike and Erica (aka, SchoolofRAWk), it sure is a guilty pleasure. I like to fool myself into believing reality TV is somehow better than watching entirely scripted, fiction shows. As if I’m conducting some sort of warped anthropological study or something.

What it really means is I need to re-read Mander and Postman.