Vegan Calorie Restriction

I am delighted to see from the comments and through the society email lists how many vegans and even raw foodists are practicing Calorie Restriction with Optimum Nutrition!

In light of this, I have been bandying around the idea of creating a 2nd cookbook (or uncookbook, as the case may be) of vegan CRON recipes. This one, however, would be a collaborative effort.

I’m envisioning a compilation of personal favorites from readers of this blog. The basic requirements are only that they be originals of your own creation, “CRON-friendly” and, of course, vegan (even if you don’t eat this way all the time, surely you have some meals or snacks that qualify).

It would also be great to include a little biographical information on each contributor. For example, how long have you been practicing? How’d you get into it? Etc..

So, what do you say?! Does this sound like something in which you’d be interested? Those whose recipes make the book would be given a free copy, and I plan to set up a single-member affiliate program for the CRS, such that they receive 10% of sales.

This calls for some polls! :)

The polls are now closed. See the results in the next post.

8 Responses to “Vegan Calorie Restriction”

1. abruzzi says:

It looks liek you have the making of a good blog here about Nutrition, diet etc. I stumbled upon it accidentally.

2. Peggy Kinnetz says:

I’m very interested in mega -nutrition recipes for vegans. I’m trying hard to reduce my reliance on dairy (I’m vegetarian now), but its hard at times. I’m also at the very low end of calorie intake, which sometimes makes it real hard to get all the nutrition into me.

Glad you found me, abruzzi. I hope you check back often. Or better yet, you can sign up for the feed emails to be alerted of new posts. So, what was the happy accident that led you here?

Peggy, Thanks for your personal feedback to the poll questions. Looks like it’s a go! I think I’ll close the polls on Saturday. Most of the answers have pretty obvious winners, but that calories per serving one is all over the board.

4. 'River' says:

What a good idea! I’d be delighted to purchase such a book myself, although I only do part raw (well, doesn’t everyone, but you know what I mean I hope!) – not really ready to give up all hot meals just yet (living in Canada kinda does that to me!). But I am vegan, as is my dh, and we do restrict calories with optimal nutrition – just not expert at it the nutrition part of it as yet, although we try hard at every meal (getting really sneaky about putting all kinds of low-cal high-density nutritional bits and pieces into every meal we make). I’m right with you on this one, Erin, so lots and lots and LOTS of luck! Hugs.

Thanks, River! Seems from the results, others are with you on the hot meals.

6. Arturo Veve says:

Hi Erin
    Nice idea. As you know, I’ve shared my raw pates before. Most of my recipes are my developments. They don’t resemble anything to my point of departure, which may have been a recipe in one of my raw food cookbooks. I add foods that the CRSociety folks consider healthy. Recently I’ve not been using sprouted legumes, but substituting canned, with good results. So they have evolved.
    Cheers,
    Arturo

Sounds wonderful, Arturo. I do hope you’ll submit some of your creations.

8. [...] project back off. If you’re a long-time reader, you may recall, a little over a year ago, I floated the idea of a collaborative cookbook of vegan CRON [...]