Mocha Moon Mud

I go through a full size pot of coffee every day, so I certainly had plenty of this ingredient on hand! (But, I still made more.)

Get the recipe in Vegan Done Light.

Consume warm as a pudding…

or, if you can resist, pour into miniature springform pans or English muffin molds and let set overnight in the refrigerator.

The craters on the top were formed when I lifted the plastic wrap off the next day. Obviously, the inspiration for the name.

And the dark side of the moon:

Look at these numbers, where a serving size is HALF the recipe! A little high in carbs, if you worry about that kind of thing, but also a good amount of protein and relatively low in calories for such a substantial treat. Quite possibly the healthiest non-soy-based pudding around. :) And, oh so fragrant and delicious.

Mocha Moon Mud
calories287
protein11 g
fat1.5 g
carbs67 g
fiber12 g
iron3.1 mg

6 Responses to “Mocha Moon Mud”

1. Courtney says:

This is such a great idea!! I wonder if yellow split peas would work? They are all I have…Did this taste like split peas?

Courtney

Thank you. I’m a huge fan of legumes. I imagine yellow split peas would work as well as the green. In fact, if you are worried about the taste of the split peas coming through (they don’t), then yellow would seem to offer less of a strong competing flavor.

3. Mom says:

OK – put this on the menu for your next visit. I’d like it cold and of course, I’ll probably add whipped cream (shame on me). Looks good Hank !

LOL. It’s a deal. I get my coffee addiction honestly. :)

5. keda says:

i made your split peas banana “bread” and loved it (deleted the soy nuts and added shredded coconut on top). anyway one day i’ll pick up a cup of coffee on the way home (no coffee drinkers in my house) and try it. although i am trying to figure out how to make it work as “chai moon mud.”

thanks again for your imaginative combinations.

I’m so glad to hear that, keda. It’s nice getting feedback when someone actually braves one of my creations. All the better that you liked it! :)