chocolate raspberry pudding

The challenge this week at the vegan_cookoff is raspberries.

I’m a huge advocate for berries of all kinds. They are delicious and low in calories, yet loaded with antioxidants. Every day I have blueberries with either raspberries, strawberries, or blackberries mixed with soy yogurt and a crunchy cereal. I used to make them into smoothies for my standard breakfast, but lately I tend to eat them as a late night snack.

Therefore, it is with great pleasure that I present a delicious chocolate tofu pudding featuring raspberries. A classic pairing indeed! There’s even a Chocolate Raspberry Truffle flavored coffee from Green Mountain. :)

15 ounces firm tofu
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 Cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
2.5 Cups raspberries
(I used a bag of organic frozen berries from Cascadian Farms)

If you are using fresh berries, you may want to reserve some to use as a garnish. (The frozen berries have too much juice and it does not make for an attractive presentation.)

Puree the raspberries and push them through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Combine the remaining ingredients with the puree and blend until creamy and smooth in a blender.

Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Your patience will be rewarded. This pudding would make for a delicious cream pie filling!

Here is how I had it for breakfast this morning, topped with Kashi Go Lean Crunch. (A strict vegan would choose a different cereal or granola, as this one has honey in it.)

8 Responses to “chocolate raspberry pudding”

1. SusanV says:

Oh, now you’ve done it! It’s too early in the morning for me to be craving chocolate, but this recipe just looks so good. :-)

2. I Love My Pit Bull says:

I totally live off of Cascadian Farm Berries and Kashi Go Lean too. This looks amazing!

3. alex says:

This looks super, Erin! Inspired by the recipe you sent (thanks!) I’ve just ordered myself a yogurt maker for the soy yogurt. Until it arrives, this looks like a great way to eat my berries and cereal!

4. melody says:

Delicious… you can’t go wrong with raspberries and chocolate..

5. Jodi says:

I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch, too! I had to stop buying it because I could down a whole box by myself in one day!

6. Yummmm! Honestly to me that is as good as pure junk ice cream, just a lot healthier!

7. Tra says:

Cool! sounds gound. Don’t you just love Go Lean Crunch! I love it to death. I havent tried the new flax version…have you?
    Love your blog!

Thank you all for your lovely comments!

Regarding Go Lean Crunch, I see it has a lot of fans. Unfortunately, it is not vegan, so I have switched to other crunchy alternatives. Back To Nature’s Energy Start is a close approximation.